When it comes to maintaining good eye health, there are a variety of things you can do, such as eating a balanced diet, getting enough sleep, and protecting your eyes from the sun's harmful UV rays. But did you know that there are also some DIY remedies that help keep your eyes healthy and bright? In this article, we'll discuss two homemade remedies that you can try at home, including a Triphala eye wash and castor oil for beautiful eyelashes. So let's get started!
- Eat a variety of orange and yellow pigmented fruits and vegetables. These contain vitamins and antioxidants that can benefit your vision.
- Get adequate sleep, drink plenty of water, and avoid eye strain and stress.
- Wear UV protection sunglasses when going out in the sun.
Use Homemade Triphala Eye Wash
- Take a teaspoon of coarsely ground Triphala powder and blend it with boiling hot water.
- Allow the mixture to steep for 30 minutes or until it cools down.
- Strain the mixture with a fine fabric to ensure there are no particles left.
- Fill eye-cups with the Triphala eye wash and dip your eyes into the eye-cup.
- Blink a few times and rotate your eyeballs in all directions for 1-2 minutes on each eye alternately.
- Do not rinse your eyes immediately but clean with a damp cloth around your eyes. Repeat twice a day, preferably at night before going to bed.
Castor Oil for Beautiful Eyelashes
- Take pure castor oil from a chemist shop.
- Ensure that the castor oil is pure and not blended with other ingredients.
- Apply castor oil on eyelashes with a cotton bud at night before going to bed.
- Delicately apply the oil along the lash line. Make sure it doesn't get into your eyes.
- Wash off in the morning with water or Facewash if required.
- Before applying oil, test it on a small area of your skin to ensure that you are not allergic to it.
- Eyes and lashes must be makeup-free and clean before applying the oil.
Note: It's best to test castor oil on a small area of your skin 24 hours before applying it to your face to ensure that you are not allergic to it. Alternatively, coconut oil or pure olive oil can be used. The same process can be used for eyebrows to make them thick and healthy.
Now, For The Bonus Remedy
Ayurveda offers many natural remedies for maintaining healthy eyes and improving their appearance. Here's one bonus recipe.
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of rose water
- 1 teaspoon of Triphala powder
- 1 teaspoon of ghee (clarified butter)
- In a small bowl, mix the honey, rose water, and Triphala powder until well combined.
- Warm the ghee in a small saucepan or in the microwave for a few seconds until it melts.
- Add the melted ghee to the mixture and stir well.
- Lie down on your back, relax and close your eyes to reduce strain.
- Using a clean finger, apply the mixture around your eyes, being careful not to get it in your eyes.
- Gently massage the area around your eyes with your fingertips for a few minutes.
- Leave the mixture on your eyes for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse your eyes with cool water and pat dry with a clean towel.
You can use this remedy once or twice a week to improve the appearance of your eyes and to help reduce dark circles, puffiness, and wrinkles. Triphala powder is a blend of three fruits; Haritaki, Bibhitaki and Amla that is widely used in Ayurveda for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Honey and rose water are both soothing and hydrating for the delicate skin around the eyes, while ghee nourishes and lubricates the tissues.
Using these simple home remedies into your daily eye care routine can help keep your eyes looking and feeling healthy. Whether you're dealing with dry eyes, computer vision syndrome, or just want to enhance your natural beauty, these remedies can be a great addition to your routine. And the best part? They are easy to make and use with ingredients that you may already have in your home. If you have any serious concerns about your eye health, don't hesitate to consult with an eye care professional first. So, why not give these awesome home remedies for eye health a try and see the difference they can make for your eyes?